Design memorandum are issued as interim updates to the Bridge Design Manual. Active design memorandums supersede the Bridge Design Manual contents and are currently enforced.
- There are currently no design memorandums related to this topic
Related manual chapters
Chapter 8 - Walls and Buried Structures (PDF 3.0MB) provides design guidance for retaining walls, noise barrier walls and buried structures.
Chapter 9 - Bearings and Expansion Joints (PDF 1.5MB) provides design guidance for small, medium and large movement expansion joints, standard bearings and seismic isolation bearings.
Chapter 10 - Sign, Barrier, Approach Slabs, and Utilities (PDF 8.6MB) provides design guidance for structural appurtenances and topics including:
- Sign and luminaire supports
- Traffic barriers, railings, and barrier rehabilitation
- Approach slabs
- Utility installation son new and existing structures
- Anchorage of permanent attachments
- Drainage design
- Bridge security
- Temporary bridges
Bridge Design Manual
Complete Bridge design guidance is found in the Bridge Design Manual (M 23-50).
See all manuals and standards