Consultant agreements & indirect cost rate information
All consultant agreements executed on or after 12/1/14 must use these forms.
Cost plus fixed fee consultant agreements
This type of agreement is likely used when the extent, scope, complexity, character, or duration of the work cannot be reasonably determined in advance.
- Local Agency A&E Professional Services Cost Plus Fixed Fee Consultant Agreement (PDF 2.2MB)
- Local Agency Professional Services Cost Plus Fixed Fee Consultant Agreement (PDF 3.2MB)
- Supplemental Agreement (PDF 121KB)
Negotiated hourly rate consultant agreements
This type of agreement is based upon specific rates of pay for each class of employee. This method requires constant and direct control of the time and class of employees used by the consultant.
- Local Agency A&E Professional Services Negotiated Hourly Rate Consultant Agreement (PDF 5.8MB)
- Local Agency Professional Services Negotiated Hourly Rate Consultant Agreement (PDF 2.3MB)
- Local Agency Real Estate Professional Services Negotiated Hourly Rate Consultant Agreement (PDF 556KB)
Indirect cost rate (ICR) and safe harbor information
Local Agencies must utilize a consultant’s ICR that is compliant with 48 CFR Part 31 of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), or has been approved through the Safe Harbor program. Each firm has the option of providing an ICR or qualifying for the Safe Harbor Program.
For more information on:
- Indirect Cost Rate - Indirect cost rate review process
- Safe Harbor Program - Audit safe harbor indirect cost rate
All requests for the Safe Harbor Program or for an ICR review must be sent to ConsultantRates@WSDOT.WA.GOV include the words “Local Programs” in the subject line of your e-mail.