Surface Transportation Block Grant
The Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG) continues to be the most flexible of all the highway programs and provides the most financial support to local agencies.
WSDOT allocates STBG funds to Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPO’s) and County Lead Agencies for prioritizing and selecting projects that align with their regional priorities involving all entities eligible to participate in a public process. In addition, WSDOT sets annual delivery targets for each MPO and county lead agency.
Eligible projects include highway/bridge construction/repair; transit capital projects; bicycle, pedestrian and recreational trails; and construction of ferry boats and terminals.
Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act/Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (IIJA/BIL) STBG - (federal funding)
Fixing America's Surface Transportation (FAST) Act STBG allocations - (federal funding)
- Final FFY 2021 (PDF 150KB)
- Final FFY 2020 (PDF 100KB)
Redistributed OA Summary (PDF 154KB)
- Final FFY 2019 (PDF 88KB)
- Final FFY 2018 (PDF 87KB)
Local Programs continues to distribute funds based on a formula driven formula developed in coordination with the MPOs and counties, as follows:
- Urbanized areas greater than 200,000 population – Distributed based on 2010 Census data as required.
- Urbanized areas greater than 50,000 but no more than 200,000 – Distributed based on 2010 Census data as required.
- Urban areas greater than 5,000 but no more than 49,999.
- Under 5,000 population – Distributed based on rural lane miles.
- Flexible –
Distributed based on 75% population/25% total county lane miles
Local Programs administration costs will be decreased from the initial allocations based on a proportional share of the total allocation for each entity.
Enjoy paid time off.
Our employees earn paid vacation and sick leave every month, as well as 12 paid holidays per year.
Work in a modern environment.
We offer telework options, an infant at work program, flexible work schedules and more.
Continue your learning journey.
Get tuition reimbursement for coursework or trainings related to your job or career ladder.