Active transportation services
We provide technical services and funding assistance to public agencies in support of active transportation for health, safety and economic development.
Active Transportation is a human-scale and often human-powered means of travel to get from one place to another, it includes walking, biking, using a mobility assistive device such as a wheelchair or walker, using micro-mobility devices, and using electric-assist devices such as e-bikes and e-foot scooters.
We work to focus state and federal funding from the Pedestrian and Bicycle program and the Safe Routes to School program towards projects in areas of the state with the highest need and potential for success.
Technical services are intended to provide guidance and tools to public agencies to help plan, develop and implement successful projects. Available project development services include:
- Community assessment field reviews to identify bicycle and pedestrian safety and mobility improvement options
- Support local agencies in bicycle and pedestrian safety and mobility planning
- Provide pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure best practice information
- Support local agencies with bicycle and pedestrian data review and analysis
- Safe Routes to School assistance can provide, in additional to the items listed above, support for the development of education or encouragement projects.
Other guidance and topics we assist with:
Enjoy paid time off.
Our employees earn paid vacation and sick leave every month, as well as 12 paid holidays per year.
Work in a modern environment.
We offer telework options, an infant at work program, flexible work schedules and more.
Continue your learning journey.
Get tuition reimbursement for coursework or trainings related to your job or career ladder.