Resources for environmental and transportation professionals, organized by discipline.
Find guidance on these environmental discipline pages to support your project documentation and delivery. Find resources on each of the following pages in the:
- ‘Scoping’ tab - to help identify the scope of environmental work needed for your project.
- ‘Preliminary design’ tab - to help analyze how proposed projects would impact resources in the area and look for ways to avoid and minimize impacts.
- ‘Final design’ tab - to help finalize permit applications and modify permits and approvals.
- ‘Tools, templates, & links’ tab - as a library of all resources available in the other tabs.
- ‘Contacts’ tab - to help connect you with the right subject matter expert.
Air quality, energy & greenhouse gas emissions
Cumulative effects & climate change
Cultural resources & archeology
Environmental justice & Title VI
Endangered Species Act & Essential Fish Habitat
Find an environmental expert
Our environmental experts can be found by selecting an environmental discipline from the list above and selecting the “contacts” tab.
The Environmental Services Office Director is Ahmer Nizam.
Find an Environmental Manager in your WSDOT region or modal office in our Environmental Managers contact list (PDF 90KB).
Use these environmental compliance assurance procedures (ECAPs) if you have a non-compliance event, during:
- Design - Design Manual Chapter 225.05(1)
- Construction - Construction Manual Chapter 1(SS 1-07.5)
- Maintenance - Maintenance ECAP (PDF 69KB)
Commitment Tracking System (CTS)
Use the Commitment Tracking System to manage environmental commitments. Find how-to instructions in the CTS help menu. Find related policies in our Environmental Manual Chapters 490, 590, and 600. Contact Brian Podobnik, Brian.Podobnik@wsdot.wa.gov for help accessing and using CTS.
Chronic Environmental Deficiency (CED)
If you think your project qualifies as a CED, contact Jenni Dykstra, Jenni.Dykstra@wsdot.wa.gov. See Environmental Manual Chapter 300 Project scoping and programming (PDF 329KB).
Enjoy paid time off.
Our employees earn paid vacation and sick leave every month, as well as 12 paid holidays per year.
Work in a modern environment.
We offer telework options, an infant at work program, flexible work schedules and more.
Continue your learning journey.
Get tuition reimbursement for coursework or trainings related to your job or career ladder.