We help local agencies process their National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation.
- NEPA Categorical Exclusion (CE) form (PDF 505KB) - is used by local agencies in documenting Class II level projects. The writeable PDF version of the form can be downloaded from the WSDOT forms web site. A Microsoft Word version (DOCX 61KB) can be downloaded from this web page. Detailed instructions for completing the form are provided in the NEPA Categorical Exclusion guidebook.
- NEPA Categorial Exclusion (CE) guidebook (PDF 5MB) - contains Local Program’s step-by-step instructions for completing NEPA for projects that receive funding from FHWA. Following the instructions provided in the guidebook will ensure that the documentation meets federal requirements, and thereby will assure that project timelines are met.
- A series of short videos on YouTube provide a quick tutorial of the NEPA process for local agencies.
- FHWA environmental review toolkit - outlines FHWA NEPA protocol.
- Section 106 tracking sheet (PDF 117KB) - local agencies can track the status of projects undergoing Section 106 review online.
- Endangered Species Act (ESA) webtool - local agencies are able to track the status of projects undergoing (ESA) consultations.
Unanticipated discovery of cultural resources
Local Programs has prepared an Unanticipated Discovery Plan (UDP) template (PDF 101KB) for local agencies to use. The UDP outlines who to contact and how to secure a site should a discovery of cultural resources be made during construction.