Review Washington state transportation forecasts, economic variables, analysis and reports.
We create 10-year outlook quarterly transportation revenue forecasts for the Transportation Revenue Forecast Council (TRFC):
- Motor fuel tax revenue.
- Motor vehicle licenses, permits, and fee revenue.
- Other transportation related revenues.
- Federal funds.
- Economic variable forecasts including fuel prices.
The TRFC is overseen by the Governor's Office of Financial Management (OFM) and forecasts are published quarterly on their website. If you would like to get the forecasts in excel format, contact us.
State economic and financial data
We track tax collections and other relevant economic indicators (like fuel prices, employment and personal income) and use that data in our transportation forecast models and revenue and economic statistics projections. We also file state and local financial reports with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and we collect local financial data from local governments.
- History and Forecast of Quarterly and Annual Inflation (XLSX 117KB)
- History and Forecast of Construction Cost Index (XLXS 29KB)
- Quarterly and Annual Fuel Price Forecast (XLXS 22KB)
- Annual Historical Average Fuel Price (XLSX 15KB)
- Other Economic Variable Data (XLSX 140KB) (Personal Income, Washington Population, Fuel Efficiency, Washington Housing Starts, Washington Employment and Consumer Spending on New Motor Vehicles)
- Transportation Revenue History (XLSX 18KB)
- State Auditor's online filing system of the street and road financial reports
- City and County Merged Files (XLSX 1,278KB)
Economic Impact Analysis
We create economic impact analysis of transportation investments utilizing the Remi-Transight model for Washington state. For additional information on this type of economic impact analysis, please contact us.
The county-by-county analysis seeks to address the frequently asked question: "Where does the money for our state's transportation system come from and where it is spent?"
2019 County by County Comparison (PDF 2.2MB)
Fuel and Vehicle Trends Report
This report is a summary of articles appearing in popular, business and technical media related to the affect of fuel costs and fuel efficiency on vehicle technology, development and markets. It also compares the latest monthly actual vehicle registrations, fuel prices, consumption and revenues to the current forecast.
Sign up to receive Fuel and Vehicle Trends Report email updates
- The Fuel and Vehicle Trends Report for December 2021 (PDF 1.6MB)
- The Fuel and Vehicle Trends Report for October 2021 (PDF 1.4MB)
- The Fuel and Vehicle Trends Report for October 2020 (PDF 1.4MB)
- The Fuel and Vehicle Trends Report for July 2020 (PDF 1MB)
- The Fuel and Vehicle Trends Report for April 2020 (PDF 1.6MB)
- The Fuel and Vehicle Trends Report for December 2019 (PDF 1.3MB)
- The Fuel and Vehicle Trends Report for August 2019 (PDF 1.8MB)
- The Fuel and Vehicle Trends Report for April 2019 (PDF 1MB)
- The Fuel and Vehicle Trends Report for Feb. 2019 (PDF 1.5MB)
- The Fuel and Vehicle Trends Report for August 2018 (PDF 1.1MB)
- The Fuel and Vehicle Trends Report for April 2018 (PDF 1.5MB)
- Older editions of the report available by request
Enjoy paid time off.
Our employees earn paid vacation and sick leave every month, as well as 12 paid holidays per year.
Work in a modern environment.
We offer telework options, an infant at work program, flexible work schedules and more.
Continue your learning journey.
Get tuition reimbursement for coursework or trainings related to your job or career ladder.