Get printable maps to assist with trip planning and travel.
State Highway Map
The Washington State Highway Map includes more than highways. It also shows exit numbers, mileage between exits, points of interest and more. Due to state budget reductions and advances in new driver-assistance technologies such as GPS, online driving directions and in-vehicle navigation systems, WSDOT is no longer offering paper copies of the state highway map. The 2014-2015 version of the State Highway Map is now available in high resolution pdf files that can be viewed at any zoom level maintaining crystal clear clarity. Choose from two versions – with shaded relief or without:
- State highway map with shaded relief 30" x 22" (PDF 10.7 MB)
- State highway map without shaded relief 30" x 22" (PDF 7.64 MB)
The milepost maps display mileposts along the state highway system at 10 mile intervals (5 mile intervals for the Puget Sound enlargement) as well as mileposts to the nearest one hundredth of a mile at the junctions of state highways, county, region, and maintenance area boundaries.
- Statewide View 36" x 24" (PDF 1.56 MB)
- Puget Sound Inset 18" x 24" (PDF 523 KB)
- WSDOT Regions - Series 22" x 34" (PDF 5.87 MB)
- Statewide WSDOT Maintenance Areas 24" x 36" (PDF 2.4MB)
- Puget Sound WSDOT Maintenance Areas 18" x 34" (PDF 5.87MB)
State base maps
The state base map shows the state highway system, county boundaries and selected communities in two different sizes. The Puget Sound enlargement base map shows the state highway system, county boundaries and selected communities in two different sizes, but at a larger scale than the statewide map. The simple design allows for other highway information to be drawn on the map.
- Statewide View 11" x 17" (PDF 1.05 MB)
- Statewide View 24" x 36" (PDF 1.46 MB)
- Puget Sound Inset 8" x 11" (PDF 452 KB)
- Puget Sound Inset 18" x 24" (PDF 471 KB)
General Highway Map (Wall map)
The wall map shows the state highway system, boundaries, and communities in greater detail than the State Base maps. It includes classifications for divided highways, surface types, roads under construction, and proposed routes. The Puget Sound Inset map does not include a legend and is intended to be printed with the statewide map. Both maps are included in the Statewide and Puget Sound Inset map.
- Statewide View 36” x 52” (PDF 9.5MB)
- Puget Sound Inset 23” x 36” (PDF 4.9MB)
- Statewide and Puget Sound Inset 36” x 75” (PDF 13.5MB)
Additional maps and resources
In addition to the maps listed on this page, the WSDOT Online Map Center Map Gallery has printable (PDF) maps. The Map Gallery maps vary in size and complexity, and all are available for download. Your local print shop will be able to provide you with guidance on how to print the larger maps.
Slow down – lives are on the line.
In 2022, speeding continued to be a top reason for work zone crashes.
Even one life lost is too many.
Each year about 670 people are killed nationally in highway work zones. In 2022, Washington had six fatal work zone crashes on state roads.
It's in EVERYONE’S best interest.
95% of people hurt in work zones are drivers, their passengers or passing pedestrians, not just our road crews.