WSF expects to complete the first phase of this project by late 2022. The Planning and Environmental Linkages (PEL) process is a more collaborative way of approaching transportation decision-making and allows us to consider environmental, community and economic goals earlier in the process.
During this phase, the project team will use input from the community and advisory groups to refine the range of alternatives.
Review the Level 2 Screening Report (PDF 2.8MB)to learn more about the two alternatives advancing to the next phase of the project.
Watch this video to learn about the challenges the replacement project aims to address and the next steps towards construction.
- Fall 2016 - Launched a public process to gather community input on how to improve the “Triangle route”
- Fall 2017 - Near-term operational improvements at the dock
- Spring 2019 - Launched new sailing schedule for Triangle route
- 2019 - WSF releases 2040 Long Range Plan that recommends replacing Fauntleroy terminal
- Spring 2021 - Fauntleroy Terminal – Trestle & Transfer Span Replacement project starts
- Summer 2021 - Launched three advisory groups to advise WSF on options to replace the terminal
- 2021 to mid-2023 - Planning and Environmental Linkages study
- Late-2023 - NEPA/SEPA environmental review begins
- 2023-TBD - Environmental review, design and construction (schedule will depend on the results of the planning phase)