Washington State Ferries Long Range Plan legislation
View the list of legislation that guided the development of our 2040 Long Range Plan.
The following legislation guided us in developing our 2040 Long Range Plan:
2007 Legislative Directive (ESHB 2358)
- Include service objectives for routes
- Forecast demand
- Develop investment strategies that consider regional and statewide needs
- Support local use plans, and assure that ferry services are fully integrated with other transportation services
- provide for the preservation of capital assets based on lowest life-cycle cost methods; be consistent with the regional transportation plans
- Be developed in conjunction with the Ferry Advisory Committees
2017/2019 Transportation Budget
- Review the changing needs of ferry system users and funding opportunities and challenges
- Evaluate strategies to help spread peak ridership
- Identify operational changes to reduce costs
- Address the seismic vulnerability and emergency preparedness of the system
Enjoy paid time off.
Our employees earn paid vacation and sick leave every month, as well as 12 paid holidays per year.
Work in a modern environment.
We offer telework options, an infant at work program, flexible work schedules and more.
Continue your learning journey.
Get tuition reimbursement for coursework or trainings related to your job or career ladder.