Community participation is at the core of decision making at Washington State Ferries. We are committed to having two-way discussions with the public through community meetings, our Ferry Advisory Committees and various speaking engagements.
Summer 2022 virtual community meeting recordings
For more information email WSFComms@wsdot.wa.gov.
Fauntleroy terminal project
Community participation and engagement are important in guiding our early planning efforts for our SR 160 - Fauntleroy Terminal - Trestle & Transfer Span Replacement project.
Ferry Advisory Committees
Under state law, Ferry Advisory Committees are appointed by local elected officials to:
- Provide us input on problems experienced by riders and by ferry communities (RCW 47.60.310)
- Participate in reviews of allocation of vessels to runs, schedules, and the adequacy of terminals (RCW 47.60.310 and RCW 47.60.300)
- Participate in developing fares and fare policies (RCW 47.60.290 and RCW 47.60.300)
- Review plans for changes to route service levels (RCW 47.60.330)
- Participate in developing rider surveys with the Washington State Transportation Commission (RCW 47.60.286)
- Review rider survey responses (RCW 47.60.290)
- Participate in developing plans for capital and operating investments (RCW 47.06.050)
- Meet with us twice each year as an executive committee to review ferry system issues (RCW 47.60.310)
Contact the FAC chair representing your community with suggestions or concerns about ferry service.
- Anacortes: James T. English
- Bainbridge Island: Anthony Smallbeck
- Bremerton: Judy-Rae Karlsen
- Clinton: Dean Enell
- Coupeville: Vacant
- Edmonds: Kenton Jones
- Fauntleroy: Frank Immel
- Kingston: Alena Wolotira
- Mukilteo: Phil Salditt
- Port Townsend: Tom Thiersch
- San Juan Islands: Jim Corenman
- Southworth: Malcolm Collie
- Vashon Island: Emily Scott
If you would like someone from WSF to come speak to your group or event, email WSFComms@wsdot.wa.gov. Our speakers include WSF Executive Team members, vessel and terminal management staff, design engineers, planning specialists and communications personnel.