Learn when you may be eligible for a refund and how to request reimbursement.
If you were overcharged, discover a discrepancy for fares paid at a terminal, are requesting a refund for an unused online order or for a fee charged in association with the vehicle reservation system, you may be eligible for a refund from Washington State Ferries.
You may request a refund online or by phone:
- Online – Refund request form
- Phone – Call 206-464-6400 (local), 888-808-7977 (toll-free) or 511 within Washington state between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time daily
Please include the requested details as missing information may further delay your request. To have your request processed as soon as possible, please include the following:
- First and last name
- Phone number and email address
- If cash refund request: Address to mail a check
- Date and time of travel and departing terminal
- Barcode number on receipt/Wave2Go ticket number/web store purchase order number
- Amount requested
If requesting that a discount be applied to a fare, please provide proof of eligibility for discount (e.g., driver's license to demonstrate senior discount or qualifying discount documentation).
Examples of reimbursement requests include:
- Multi-ride ticket scanned twice
- Overcharged (charged under 22 feet adult fare and I'm a senior citizen)
- Did not sail (left the lot at 12:30 p.m. before boarding the vessel)
Note: Disputed fares must be submitted within 30 days of purchase. Refunds are not provided for expired products.