Adopt an Airport program
The Adopt-an-Airport Program of WSDOT Aviation uses volunteer groups to help maintain the 15 state-operated airports in Washington.
Any group or organization can sign up for the "Adopt-An-Airport" program, which offers civic clubs and other groups an opportunity to contribute to their community and state while helping to preserve and enhance the state airports. Volunteers don't need an aviation background to become involved in the program, but by helping out, they can learn what is involved in the operation of an airport and the importance of its economic value to the local community.
Adopt-an-Airport volunteer forms
- Volunteer Registration Form (PDF 100KB)
- Participant Activity Report (PDF 131KB)
- Agreement for Volunteers (PDF 188KB)
- Agreement for Volunteers - Exhibit A (PDF 166KB)
2021 State-managed airports: Adopt-an-Airport program updates
WSDOT Aviation is currently updating its airport sponsors list and requests input from existing and future airport sponsors. Please contact Paul Wolf, State Airport Manager, to renew sponsorships and to schedule spring and summer 2020 work parties.
2021 scheduled state airport work parties are as follows:
- Bandera State Airport– Fall City Pilots – Scheduled Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 8:30 a.m.
- Easton Airport– CWU Aviation Students – No work party in 2021. COVID-19 restrictions.
- Ranger Creek State Airport– WPA Green River Chapter – Completed 5-8-2021. Thank you Green River Chapter and Scouts of America!
- Tieton State Airport– Drift Away Snowmobile Assoc. – Tentative 2021.
- Lower Granite State Airport– WPA Spokane Chapter – Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 9 a.m.
- Little Goose State Airport– Tri-Cities EAA/WPA Chapters – Tentative May 24-30, 2021. Paul coordinating a weekday date with Bill Herrington.
- Rogersburg State Airport– Airport Closed until further notice.
- Skykomish State Airport– WPA Pain Field Chapter – Saturday, June 12, 2021,9 a.m.
- Stehekin State Airport– Interested Pilots – Scheduled Saturday, June 26, 2021. Start 9 a.m.
- Sullivan Lake State Airport– WPA Deer Park Chapter – Completed May 2021. Thank you Deer Park!
- Sullivan Lake State Airport– RAF Splash-in with WSPA and WPA Deer Park Chapter –Canceled July 10-11, 2021 due to extreme heat and fire danger. Look for possibly reschedule later this summer 2021.
- Woodland State Airport– Canceled for 2021.
For additional information, contact Paul Wolf at 360-618-2477 or email him at:firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 current status - Adopt-an-Airport chapters
- Bandera (4W0)– Fall City Pilots- update Adopt-an-Airport Program Sponsorship for 2020
- Copalis – (S16) Need Sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program 2020
- Easton – (ESW) Need Sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program 2020
- Lake Wenatchee, Leavenworth (27W) Lake Wenatchee Recreational Club – Pending lease update 2020. Need Pilot Sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program 2020.
- Little Goose, Starbuck (16W) –Tri-cities, WPA, EAA Chapters. Adopt-an-Airport Agreement Renewal Due 2020.
- Lower Granite, Colfax (00W) - WPA Spokane Chapter – Adopt-an-Airport Agreement Renewal Due 2020.
- Lower Monumental, Kahlotas (W09) – Need Sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program 2020.
- Methow, Winthrop (S52) – Need Sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program 2020 - Methow Valley, Okanogan and Ferry Counties Chapters WPA or Local Tenants.
- Ranger Creek, Green Water (21W) – WPA Green River Chapter – Adopt-an-Airport Agreement Renewal Due 2020.
- Rogersburg, Anatone (D69) – WPA Green River Chapter - Adopt-an-Airport Agreement Renewal Due 2020 - Pending BLM Approval.
- Skykomish (S88)– WPA Paine Field Chapter –Adopt-an-Airport Agreement Renewal due 2020.
- Stehekin (6S9)–Need Sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program 2020.
- Sullivan Lake, Metaline Falls (09S)– WPA Deer Park Chapter - Adopt-an-Airport Agreement Renewal Due 2020.
- Tieton, Rimrock (4S6)– Washington State Snowmobile Association (WSSA) and WPA Green River Chapter - Adopt-an-Airport Agreement Renewal Due 2020.
- Woodland (W27)– Need Sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program2020. Possible Vancouver Chapter WPA, Local Pilots, Fishermen.