Adopt an Airport program
The Adopt-an-Airport Program of WSDOT Aviation uses volunteer groups to help maintain the 15 state-operated airports in Washington.
Any individual, group or organization can sign up for the “Adopt-An-Airport program, which offers pilots, civic clubs and other groups an opportunity to contribute to the airport and community while helping to preserve and enhance the state-manage airports. Volunteers don’t need an aviation background to become involved in the program, but by helping out, they can learn what is involved in the operation, preservation, and maintenance of an airport and the importance of its economic value to the local community and the states airport’s system at large. The State-Managed Airports are supported by chapter members of the Washington Pilots Association (WPA), Recreational Aviation Foundation (RAF), Local Pilots, and other interest groups. All aviation related sponsors support is welcome.
Adopt-an-Airport volunteer forms
- Volunteer Registration Form (PDF 100KB)
- Participant Activity Report (PDF 131KB)
- Agreement for Volunteers (PDF 188KB)
- Agreement for Volunteers - Exhibit A (PDF 166KB)
2023 State-managed airports: Adopt-an-Airport program updates
WSDOT Aviation is currently updating its airport sponsors list and requests input from existing and future airport sponsors. Please contact Paul Wolf, State Airport Manager, to renew sponsorships and to schedule spring and summer 2022 work parties.
2023 scheduled state/airport work parties
- Bandera State Airport – Fall City Pilots/Civil Air Patrol – Completed Saturday June 3, 2023. Thanks Pilots and CAP!
- Ranger Creek State-Managed Airport – WPA Green River Chapter – Completed Saturday May 13, 2023. Thanks Green River, Boeing Employees Flight Association, and Scouts of America Troop 401!
- Lower Granite State-Managed Airport – WPA Spokane Chapter – Completed Saturday, May 20, 2023. Thanks Spokane Chapter!
- Little Goose State-Managed Airport – WPA/EAA Tri-Cities Chapters – Completed Saturday, May 20, 2023. Thanks Tri-Cities for adjusting. See you next years!
- Skykomish State Airport – Scheduled Saturday, June 10, 2023, 9 A.M. start.
- Stehekin State-Managed Airport – Interested Pilots – Scheduled Saturday June 17, 2023, 9 A.M. start.
- Sullivan lake State-Managed Airport – WPA Deer Park Chapter – Completed Saturday, May 6, 2023. Thanks Deer Park!
- Sullivan Lake State-Managed Airport – RAF Sponsored Fly-In – Work Party – Scheduled July 15, 2023, 9 A.M. start.
- Teleford Rest Area Helipad – Sponsor to be determined – Windsock installed May 21, 2023.
- Easton State Airport – Boeing Employes Flying Association (BEFA) – Scheduled Saturday July 1, 2023, 9 A.M. start.
For additional information, contact Paul Wolf at 360-618-2477 or email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 current status - Adopt-an-Airport chapters
- Bandera (4W0)– Fall City Pilots- update pending Adopt-an-Airport Program Sponsorship for 2023
- Copalis – (S16) Need Sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program 2023
- Easton – (ESW) Need Sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program 2023
- Lake Wenatchee, Leavenworth (27W) Lake Wenatchee Recreational Club – Pending lease update 2023. Possible Pilot Sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program follow up 2023
- Little Goose, Starbuck (16W) –Tri-cities, WPA, EAA Chapters. Adopt-an-Airport Agreement Renewal Due 2023
- Lower Granite, Colfax (00W) - WPA Spokane Chapter – Adopt-an-Airport Agreement Renewal Due 2023
- Lower Monumental, Kahlotas (W09) – Need Sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program 2023
- Methow, Winthrop (S52) – Need Sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program 2023 - Methow Valley, Okanogan and Ferry Counties Chapters WPA or Local Tenants?
- Ranger Creek, Green Water (21W) – WPA Green River Chapter – Adopt-an-Airport Agreement Renewal Due 2023
- Skykomish (S88)– WPA Paine Field Chapter –Adopt-an-Airport Agreement Renewal due 2023
- Stehekin (6S9)–Need Sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program 2023
- Sullivan Lake, Metaline Falls (09S)– WPA Deer Park Chapter - Adopt-an-Airport Agreement Renewal Due 2023
- Tieton, Rimrock (4S6)– Washington State Snowmobile Association (WSSA) and WPA Green River Chapter - Adopt-an-Airport Agreement Renewal Due 2023
- Teleford Rest Area Helipad – Need sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program 2023
- Woodland (W27)– Need Sponsor under Adopt-an-Airport Program 2023. Possible Local Pilots?
- Easton – (ESW) – Boeing Employees Flying Association 2023