Washington Aviation System Plan (WASP)
The Washington Aviation System Plan studies the performance of Washington's entire aviation system.
The principal purposes of the Washington Aviation System Plan (WASP) are to:
- Study the performance of Washington State Aviation System’s ability to meet the collective needs of aviation users within the state.
- Understand the contributions of individual airports to the entirety of the system.
- Provide data necessary for effective decision-making the development of policies and recommendations that will advance Washington’s aviation system improvements.
The study involves examining aviation user requirements, current airport usage levels and current numbers of based aircraft. The study also outlines the system’s capacity to meet current demand requirements as well as forecasts of system capacity and demand. The WASP is currently being updated with a projected completion date in 2024. As components of the update become available, they will be published on this site.
The most recent comprehensive WASP was completed in 2017. Copies of the 2017 WASP can be requested by contacting David Ison, Aviation Planner by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WASP Executive Summary - July 2017 (PDF 1805KB)
Letter from WSDOT Secretary Roger Millar (PDF 347KB)
To develop the 2024 report, it is being built upon previous efforts and recommendations that included:
- 2009 Long-Term Air Transportation Study
- 2012 Aviation Economic Impact Study
- 2014 Airport Investment Study
- 2015 Airport Investment Solutions Study
- 2017 Washington Aviation System Plan
- 2020 Electric Aircraft Feasibility Study
- 2020 Aviation Economic Impact Study
- 2022 Washington Electric Airport Feasibility Study
Enjoy paid time off.
Our employees earn paid vacation and sick leave every month, as well as 12 paid holidays per year.
Work in a modern environment.
We offer telework options, an infant at work program, flexible work schedules and more.
Continue your learning journey.
Get tuition reimbursement for coursework or trainings related to your job or career ladder.