BLACK DIAMOND – The State Route 169 Green River Dan Evans Bridge south of Black Diamond will remain closed beyond the anticipated Monday, April 17, reopening.
After starting work on Friday, April 14, to restore expansion joints on the bridge, Washington State Department of Transportation maintenance crews discovered they needed additional materials to complete the repairs. The needed pieces were unavailable during the weekend. Once crews have these materials in place, they will pour concrete to finish the expansion joint repair.
More updates will be provided later in the week with an expected timeline for re-opening, although crews are estimating the bridge may reopen by Friday morning, April 21.
A detour for northbound and southbound traffic on SR 169 remains in place.
Northbound SR 169 traffic detour:
- Turn left on to Southeast 400th Street.
- Turn right on to 212th Avenue Southeast (which turns in to 218th Avenue Southeast).
- Turn right on to Southeast Auburn Black Diamond Road (which turns into Roberts Drive).
- Detour ends back at SR 169.
Southbound SR 169 traffic detour:
- Turn right on to Roberts Drive (which turns into Southeast Auburn Black Diamond Road).
- Turn left on to 218th Avenue Southeast (which turns into 212th Avenue Southeast).
- Turn left onto Southeast 400th Street.
- Detour ends at SR 169.