How to apply
We are always looking for new talent in a broad range of professional career fields. Learn how to apply!
How to apply
We accept job applications electronically through our Careers webpage. View our current job openings via the link below, or visit WSDOTjobs.com. You can also sign up for 'Job Alerts' if you wish to receive email notifications for new job openings in your field of interest.
- When you find a job you're interested in, click on the 'Apply' button. This will prompt you to sign in or create an account which is required in order to submit an application. Note: If you have an account with governmentjobs.com, you can use that same username and password to sign in for WSDOT jobs.
- Be sure to read the job posting carefully and follow any specific instructions. If you have questions about the job posting or the application process, you may send an email to the assigned recruiter listed at the bottom of the posting in the 'Contact us' section.
- After you have signed in to your account, you will be taken through a series of different pages to enter (or update) information and answer questions about yourself.
- Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary if you are selected for the position. Therefore, it is very important that the "Work Experience" portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible. Do not type "see resume."
What happens after you apply?
- Once you submit your application, you will receive a system generated confirmation email at the address you used to create your account. Communications thereafter will likely be via email as well so it will be important that you setup your account with an email address that you check regularly.
- Looking for a status update? Be advised that in most instances, you will not hear from the recruiter until shortly after the job posting has closed.
- After the job posting closes, the recruiter will do an initial screening to identify the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications. An additional application assessment may be conducted based on the requirements listed in the job posting to narrow the candidate pool.
- Applicants selected to move forward through the recruitment process will be notified via email with details on next steps.
- Applicants not selected to move forward will also be notified via email.
Enjoy paid time off.
Our employees earn paid vacation and sick leave every month, as well as 12 paid holidays per year.
Work in a modern environment.
We offer telework options, an infant at work program, flexible work schedules and more.
Continue your learning journey.
Get tuition reimbursement for coursework or trainings related to your job or career ladder.