Transportation Performance Management reports
Increasing transparency and accountability through Transportation Performance Management reports.
WSDOT is working to increase the transparency and accountability about how we spend federal taxpayer dollars on transportation infrastructure and services in Washington state to comply with the federal Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) law of 2012, now known as Transportation Performance Management (TPM).
To this end, we are collaborating with Metropolitan Planning Organizations to achieve targets set by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). FHWA evaluates our state transportation systems' performance compared to national goals and enforces minimum requirements, ensuring we distribute federal funds to transportation projects that help us achieve these goals.
TPM folios for Washington state
- TPM & Safety (PDF 560KB) - October 2021
- TPM & Pavement (PDF 571KB) - October 2020
- TPM & Bridges (PDF 252KB) - January 2022
- TPM & System Performance, Freight Management and CMAQ (PDF 0.9MB) - May 2018
- TPM & Transit Asset Management (PDF 360KB) - September 2020
- TPM & Planning (PDF 389KB) - February 2019
- TPM & Asset Management (PDF 379KB) - February 2019
- TPM & Funding and Penalties (PDF 767KB) - May 2018
Additional resources for TPM and MAP-21
- Collaboration MAP-21 WSDOT folio (PDF 515KB)
- WSDOT's Gray Notebook
- Local agency funding
- Washington State National Highway System (NHS) routes
- USDOT Final Rule (System Performance, Freight, CMAQ) (PDF 795KB) - January 2017
- USDOT Final Rule (Pavement and Bridges) (PDF 2.3MB) - January 2017
- USDOT Final Rule (Safety Performance) (PDF 515KB) - April 2016
- USDOT Final Rule (Highway Safety Improvement Program) (PDF 346KB) - April 2016