Design - Development Services

Please contact the region personnel before filling out any forms. This will ensure the process goes more quickly and smoothly.

WSDOT Development Services provide services to developers, local agencies, property owners, and consulting engineers who are planning projects that may impact state highways.

Each of the six WSDOT regions has a Development Services Office. All access requests begin at the regional level. The types of projects reviewed are:

  • Private Developments (from a single-family homes to a multi-faceted projects)
  • SEPA proposals
  • Local Agency projects
  • driveways and other access connections
  • Other right-of-way uses (landscaping, sub-subterranean monitoring devices, etc)

Refer to the guidelines listed below while planning your projects.

Listed below are laws and policies that govern managed and limited access to state highways.

Maps and Data
See our Maps and Data page for Milepost Markers, Geoportal, State Route Web, Survey Monuments, Crash Data, Travel Data, etc.
See the SnagMp page for more information by state route and milepost including highway classification.

Managed Access Highways

For Managed Access classes, see the Highway Access Control and Hearings training page.

Limited Access Highways

Permits and Bond Applications are listed below.  Each form is available in an electronic format.

  • Application for General Permit - WSDOT Form 224-698
  • Application for Roadside Vegetation Permit - WSDOT Form 220-019
  • Application for Access Connection Permit - WSDOT Form 224-694
  • Access Connection Permit - Existing - WSDOT Form 224-006
  • Individual Payment Bond for Agreement - WSDOT Form 224-046
  • Individual Bond for Franchise and Permit - WSDOT Form 224-048
  • Individual Bond for Agreement - WSDOT Form 224-049