The Anacortes Ferry Terminal has provided a gateway to the San Juan Islands and Sidney B.C. for more than 50 years with only minor changes made to the terminal. Washington State Ferries (WSF) plans on updating all four Anacortes Ferry Terminal tollbooths to better serve the ferry customers who use them year-round. The terminal will be fully operational during construction.
What to expect
- Drivers traveling through the Anacortes Ferry Terminal may experience delays due to construction.
- Fewer operational tollbooths and lane closures could cause longer processing times.
- Reservations holders will continue to be required to check-in at least 30 minutes before a reserved sailing, and it is important to arrive and join the line at the recommended 45-60 minutes in advance to ensure timely processing.
- A maximum of two tollbooths can be shut down during nonpeak service, Monday – Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Lane closures will not occur during holidays or holiday weekends.
- Three tollbooths will be open Friday – Sunday and during holidays or holiday weekends.
- Additional Anacortes Terminal staff members can be brought in during heavy traffic periods.
An artistic rendering of the new tollbooths at the Anacortes Ferry Terminal