Note: Many of the fields in this content type contain the following:
- WYSIWYG editor - Allows for text formatting, embedding images, adding links to documents and other pages, etc. For more information, visit the Content Editor Toolbar help page.
- Character limit - Limits are applied to the front-end display of some content. Any text entered into a field that has a limit, and that exceeds the limit, will be truncated when viewing the saved/published page. Fields that have character limits are identified in the steps below.
To add a new rest area page, perform the following steps:
- From the admin toolbar, expand Content, Add content, and then click Rest Area Page.
- In the Title field, enter the name of the rest area (140 character limit). The title will display on the page (at the start of the page content) and in the browser tab.
- In the Location field, enter the location details for the rest area.
- In the Road field, enter the name of the road (e.g., I5) where the rest area is located, and then click to select it from the dropdown that appears.
- In the Direction field, enter the direction of the road (e.g., Northbound) where the rest area is located, and then click to select it from the dropdown that appears.
- In the Amenities field, enter the amenities (e.g., drinking water) the rest area has, and then click to select it from the dropdown that appears.
- In the County field, enter the name of the county where the rest area is located.
- Under Rest Area Image, click either Add new media item or Add existing media item to attach an image. Choose the former if the image has not already been added to the site as a media option, the latter if it has. Image alternative text and captions have a 300 character limit.
- In the Image Caption field, enter a caption for the image uploaded/attached in the previous step.
- In the Save as dropdown menu, click to select the state in which you want the page to be saved (e.g., Draft or Submit for Review).
- Click the Save button.