Tacoma Narrows Bridge history - Community connections
The bridges as community connections
Why were the Tacoma Narrows Bridges built? What makes them significant?
Discover fascinating historical, social, political, and economic information about the bridges.
- Crossing the Narrows: Idea & dream...to 1937
- Success: Creating the Narrows Bridge, 1937 to 1940
- "Galloping Gertie" collapses, November 7, 1940
- Aftermath: A new beginning, 1940 to 1950
- Bridge connections, 1950 to present
- Washington's history with toll collections
- Narrows Park: Official bridge viewing site