Tacoma Narrows Bridge history - Classroom lessons
Lesson plans for teachers of Washington State history
Teachers, here are 12 specially developed lesson plans for teaching your students Washington State history!
Each era of Washington's history offers many important lessons on our society, government, economic system, and culture. The Tacoma Narrows Bridge history web site offers detailed lesson plans for exploring Washington State History, as well as the larger context of Pacific Northwest History.
These lesson plans are intended to help you give your students the opportunity for gaining important enduring understandings about ourselves and our world. These are consistent with State guidelines and EARL components. Teachers will find this group of lesson plans for Social Studies, Math, Science, and Language Arts a great addition to the classroom experience.
- A bridge is for crossing - Science, Grades 1-4
- Bridge challenge - Math & Science
- Crossing the Narrows - Language Arts & Social Studies
- Early travel routes - History
- Exploration by sea - Language Arts & Social Studies
- Galloping Gertie - Language Arts
- Immigration - Language Arts
- Math and Social Science - Math & Science
- Mathematics of scale - Math & Science
- Many kinds of Bridge - Science
- Natural resources, ports and railroads - Social Studies
- Science lab activities
- Timeline - Math, Science, Social Studies, Technology