This report documents the results of applying a previously developed, standardized approach for evaluating intelligent transportation systems (ITS) projects to 17 ITS earmark projects. The evaluation approach was based on a questionnaire to investigate technical, management, and organizational lessons learned. The report includes an evaluation report for each of the 17 ITS projects. Each report includes a discussion of the following:
• Project description
• System usage and benefits
• Cost, operations and maintenance
• Architecture and standards
• Lessons learned.
Most of the lessons learned in this evaluation phase were similar to those documented in previous evaluations.
May 11, 2011
Ronald Porter, Edward McCormack, Peter M. Briglia, Jr.
Washington State Transportation Center (TRAC)
- # of Pages: 136 p., 1.75 mb (PDF)
- Subject: Intelligent transportation systems, Evaluation and assessment, ITS program applications, Real time information, Traveler information and communication systems, Advanced traveler information systems, Benefits, Project management, ITS program technologies.
- Keywords: Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), advanced real-time traveler information, traffic maps, congestion maps, traffic graphics.
- Related Publications: ATIS Evaluation Framework (WA-RD 606.1); ITS Evaluation Framework -- Phase 2 (WA-RD 672.1); ITS Framework -- Phase 2 Continuation (2009): Seventeen Projects (WA-RD 672.2).
This abstract was last modified July 29, 2011