FAME will be performed as nine separate but related tasks. These tasks will be pursued parallel to each other and will integrate together as they are complete. The basic tasks to be performed are as follows:
- Improve motorist information system.
- Develop incident management systems.
- Implement traffic management systems for construction projects.
- Design and implement real-time freeway management systems.
- Design and implement real-time arterial management systems.
- Integrate the arterial and freeway management systems
- Analyze the potential effects of new technologies for relieving congestion.
- Develop improved treatment for HOVs.
- Improve methods for managing traffic demand of new developments
The above tasks will be conducted in a manner that produces a series of tools and products that can be incrementally implemented to improve the flow of traffic in the state's urban areas.
September 13, 2007
G. Scott Rutherford, Mark E. Hallenbeck.
Washington State Transportation Center (TRAC)
- # of Pages: 41 p., 999 KB (PDF)
- Subject: Advanced driver information systems, Advanced traffic management systems, Arterial highways, Freeway management systems, High occupancy vehicle lanes, High occupancy vehicles, Incident management, Real time information, Traffic congestion, Traffic control.
- Keywords: Arterial management, freeway management.
- Related Publications:
This abstract was last modified April 29, 2008