A collection of reports resulting from the first year's study Alternate Methods of Avalanche Control. The reports are entitled:
- Air Bag System by E. R. LaChapelle and P. L. Taylor.
- Gas Exploder System by E. R. LaChapelle, and P. L. Taylor.
- Snow Behavior Behind a Continuous Avalanche Defense Structure by J. A. Langdon.
- Interface Modification Field Tests by E. R. LaChapelle.
- Mechanical Resonance of Snow by J. B. Johnson and R. J. Evans.
- The 1974-75 Winter by M. B. Moore.
July 24, 2007
C.B. Brown, R.J. Evans, J.B. Johnson, E.R. LaChapelle, J.A. Langdon, M.B. Moore, P.L Tyalor.
University of Washington. Geophysics Program; University of Washington. Dept. of Civil Engineering.
- # of Pages: 161 p., 4,097 KB (PDF)
- Subject: Avalanches, Climate, Control, Explosives, Roadside hazards, Snow, Snow and ice control, Weather, Winter maintenance.
- Keywords: Avalanche, snow, weather, creep, glide, avalanche forecasting.
- Related Publications: Alternate Methods of Avalanche Control - Interim Report, (WA-RD 19.2).
Alternate Methods of Avalanche Control - Final Report, (WA-RD 19.3).
This abstract was last modified April 29, 2008