The Regional and Corridor Planning team provides a variety of coordination fuctions within the regional area, particularly with Tribes, MPOs, RTPOs and their local jurisdictions. We provide assistance in the development of the Olympic Region's portion of the Statewide Multimodal Transportation Plan (SMTP), development of Regional Transportation Plans (RTPs), and review of local comprehensive plans. We develop the Olympic Region's portion of the State Highway System Plan (HSP), an integral part of the SMTP. The group develops and evaluates strategies and projects that meet System Plan policies and service objectives. Work is performed in cooperation with WSDOT Headquarters (HQ), Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs) and Regional Transportation Planning Organizations (RTPOs). The team coordinates and manages corridor plans, feasibility studies, and other planning activities, and works with other region staff to develop the technical analyses needed to support planning recommendations.
Olympic Region is the lead agency of the Peninsula Regional Transportation Planning Organization (RTPO); the Regional and Corridor Planning team provides staff support to the Peninsula RTPO to assist the RTPO toward goals established under the Growth Management Act of 1990.
- Lead agency and staff support for the Peninsula Regional Transportation Planning Organization (PRTPO)
- Travel demand management (TDM) guidance for transit, park and ride lots, bicycles and pedestrian facilities
- Corridor Plan Development
- Technical analysis and input to the Highway System Plan and the Washington Transportation Plan
- Travel demand forecasting and traffic analysis
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) analysis and support
- Research and analysis, including technical support with studies, transportation plans, environmental documentation, and regional projects