for the week of May 2-7
Update: Friday, April 29
Contact: Jeff Adamson WSDOT Communications (509) 667-2815 (Wenatchee)
- Next Friday (5/6) from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., the Tour De Bloom bike races will close the westbound lane of US 2 for 15 miles from Leavenworth to Coles Corner and expect to share the road with the racers for the 4 miles of SR 207 to the Beaver Valley Rd. Follow the pilot car through Tumwater Canyon.
- Next Saturday (5/7) from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., the Sunflower Iron and Relay Trail Race will stop traffic at Mazama where the course crosses SR 20. Watch for flaggers.
- Next Saturday (5/7) from 11 to Noon in Winthrop expect a detour around downtown (SR 20) during the '49er Days Grand Parade.
- Next Saturday (5/7) from 11 to 12:30 in Grand Coulee, expect a detour around the Colorama Festival Parade's mile long route through town (SR 155)
- The US 2 Iron Goat Trail Interpretive site and rest area west of Stevens Pass remains closed.
- As you plan your travels over the mountains, you can check the construction underway on I-90 Snoqualmie Pass here.
- WSDOT Eastern Washington Twitter Feed: Just go to your twitter account, search for, and follow: @WSDOT_East and the connection is made. To set up your own account on your computer, go to http://www.twitter.com or download the Twitter app on your smart phone or tablet. Then watch for news from the Spokane, Wenatchee, and Yakima WSDOT Region teams.
US2/97 (MP 131) Enterprise Drive roundabout
The speed limit is reduced to 35 mph through the work zone. Two way traffic with no lane restrictions this week as crews pour concrete for curbs, light bases, islands and slabs.
This private developer project, financed and constructed by McDougall & Sons Inc., constructs a roundabout at the entrance to the Baker Flats Industrial Park north of East Wenatchee. work began April 4 and should be complete by June when the cherry harvest starts.
US 2 (MP 84-85) Electronic message sign installation.
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., expect short delays with flagger controlled traffic near the jct. with SR 207 (Coles Corner) where a contractor is installing a Highway Advisory Radio station, the poles for the traffic cameras and the posts for the electronic message sign.
(New) US 97A (MP 223-231) Knapps Hill Tunnel maintenance
Thursday ONLY, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., the Knapps Hill Tunnel will be closed for maintenance and traffic will be detoured onto SR 971 (Navarre Coulee/ South Lakeshore Drive), adding 8 miles to the trip. WSDOT crews will clean drains, install new signs, replace lights and inspect the tunnel structure. No impact on school or transit bus schedules.
no work scheduled
No work scheduled
For More Information About: