Get Our Mobile App
Wednesday, June 04, 2014
Barbara Ivanov, WSDOT Director of Freight Systems Division, 360-791-3410
Alice Fiman, WSDOT Communications. 360-705-7080
OLYMPIA – A new plan to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient movement of goods from supplier to customer is now ready for public review and comment. The Washington State Department of Transportation worked with private and public partners across the state on the plan.
Once finalized, the Washington State Freight Mobility Plan will shape the future of Washington’s multimodal freight transportation network and keep Washington’s economy moving.
“Preserving and improving freight corridors remains vital to the state economy,” said Barbara Ivanov, Director of WSDOT’s Freight Systems Division. “We must put a priority on getting our goods to markets, both here in Washington and throughout the world.”
The main objectives of the Washington State Freight Mobility Plan are to:
- guide state and federal investments in Washington state freight corridors
- prioritize freight system improvement strategies
- address multimodal freight issues in a single state freight plan
Public and stakeholder input is a vital component to WSDOT’s planning process. Public comment will be taken at public meetings in Seattle and Spokane. WSDOT will also accept comments via email at email@example.com through Aug. 8.
- 10 a.m. to noon, Thursday, July 24 at the Spokane Regional Transportation Council, 221 W 1st Ave #310, Spokane.
- 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Friday, Aug. 1 at the Puget Sound Regional Transportation Council, 1011 Western Avenue, Suite 500, Seattle.
WSDOT keeps people, businesses and the economy moving by operating and improving the state's transportation systems. To learn more about what we're doing, go to www.wsdot.wa.gov/news for pictures, videos, news and blogs. Real time traffic information is available at www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic or by dialing 511.
< Go Back