Skip Top Navigation

New tools ease public reporting of access, ADA accommodation matters

Get Our Mobile App

  • Our Android and iPhone apps include statewide traffic cameras, travel alerts, mountain pass reports, ferry schedules and alerts, northbound Canadian border wait times and more.

Date:  Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Contact: Shawn Murinko, Diversity/ADA Compliance Manager, 360-705-7097

WSDOT adds toll-free telephone, email for statewide contacts

OLYMPIA – For people with disabilities and others who need information about accommodation and access to the state-owned transportation system, contacting the Washington State Department of Transportation just got easier.

A toll-free telephone number, 1-855-362-4ADA (4232), and email,, will assist people with questions, comments or concerns about the Americans with Disabilities Act and access to Washington state highways, ferries and other WSDOT facilities, services and programs.

This toll-free phone line to WSDOT’s Diversity/ADA Affairs office now provides a single point of contact for people with accommodation requests or comments about services. The phone line is staffed 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Outside normal business hours, callers may leave a message.

Email messages can be sent at any time to, and people who are deaf or hard of hearing can contact WSDOT through the Washington State Relay by dialing 711.

WSDOT encourages people to provide their contact information, so that staff can follow up with information about updates, changes and remedies, as appropriate. Comments may also be left anonymously.

People who contact WSDOT’s Diversity/ADA Affairs by telephone or email can expect an initial confirmation response within three business days. Within 15 calendar days of receiving a complaint, WSDOT staff will contact the individual to discuss details of the complaint, explain WSDOT’s position and options for resolution.

Comments or questions about transportation facilities and services that are outside of WSDOT’s jurisdiction will be referred to the municipality or organization that has control of the facility or service.

< Go Back