Get Our Mobile App
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Eric Johnson, WSDOT Aviation construction project manager,
ARLINGTON – Airport sponsors interested in receiving state funding for airport improvements can now apply for the first round of WSDOT Airport Aid Grants for the 2011-2013 biennium. Applications must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on May 6, 2011. Applicants are encouraged to submit application packets before the deadline. Eligible projects must begin after July 1, 2011.
To apply, airport sponsors can fill out the online application form. Since a signature is required, sponsors must print, sign and mail the form with applicable supporting documentation:
- Statement of support from appropriate elected official
- Adopted resolution stating matching funds are available and authorized
- Preliminary plans and specifications
- Detailed schedule (project milestones)
- Property appraisals (land acquisition projects)
- Detailed cost estimate and/or bid results and spending schedule
- Consultant selection process documentation (for engineering and planning projects)
- Proposed consultant Scope of Work and budget
- Any sustainability policies or ordinances in place to address greenhouse gas emissions
- Number of jobs the project is expected to create
- Airport Aid Application Checklist (pdf 332 kb)
While the exact amount is yet to be determined, WSDOT anticipates awarding up to $1 million in grants to qualifying airports. Airport sponsors will be notified of grant awards the week of July 4, 2011. This round of funding will focus on projects occurring over the next 12 months.
As a condition for grant eligibility airport sponsors are required to have completed their annual review and update of their information on the Airport Information System database by the end of the previous calendar year.
Airport sponsors with existing open grants are reminded that projects must be completed and have Invoice Vouchers submitted by June 30, 2011.
WSDOT accepts applications from any municipality or federally recognized tribe that owns an open, public-use airport in Washington State. The maximum amount WSDOT can award for a single grant is $250,000.
Airports are encouraged to contact WSDOT airport construction project manager Eric Johnson at 360-651-6303 to discuss proposed projects or receive assistance with applications. A second grant cycle will be offered in 2012 for the 2011-2013 biennium. More information on the Airport Aid Grant Program is available at: www.wsdot.wa.gov/aviation/grants/default.htm.
< Go Back