Washington State Scenic Byway
- 400 Miles
- From Puget Sound Islands to the Cascade Mountains in Northwest Washington.
- Including several highways
About This Byway
Beginning 25 miles north of Seattle, explore the North Cascades National Park, historic seaside villages, three National Forests, Bavarian Village of Leavenworth, the mighty Columbia River Valley and Old West Winthrop. We are a road into nature, a path through quaint friendly towns, and 440 miles of stunning scenery with the power to refresh your sense of wonder.
Explore and Plan Your Trip
Plan a trip and find more information about the Cascade Loop including pictures, maps, sample itineraries and services provided on this byway.
- Official Byway Group Website
- National Scenic Byways Program – Detailed descriptions, stories, maps and itineraries
- Experience Washington – Washington State Tourism site using a Virtual Earth interactive map
- Revisiting Washington - An interactive multimedia travel guide with a historical perspective on the Evergreen State's past and present Scenic Byways
Conditions on the Road
WSDOT Traffic Cameras
Weather Forecast for Washington State
North Cascade Pass
Closed during winter
Blewett Pass (US 97)
Loup Loup (SR 20)
Mt Baker Highway (SR 542)
Towns and Points of Interest on the Byway