Improvements that reduce potential pedestrian and bicycle conflicts with motor vehicle traffic; reduce traffic volume around schools; and/or establish safer and fully accessible crossings, walkways, trails or bikeways.
- Sidewalk improvements
- Traffic calming and speed reduction improvements
- Pedestrian and bicycle crossing improvements
- On-street bicycle facilities
- Off-street bicycle and pedestrian facilities
- Secure bicycle parking facilities
For More Information: National Center for Safe Routes to School Guide – Engineering