Motor carriers, the motoring public and government agencies benefit from the CVISN Program in the following ways:
- Law enforcement can focus resources on high-risk and non-inspected carriers and operators.
- With fewer trucks pulling in and out of weigh stations it reduces collision risks for commercial and passenger vehicles.
- Simplified, automated screening and targeting of high-risk operators improves enforcement efficiency.
- Standardized data exchange makes for simpler, more efficient workdays for participating motor carriers, drivers, and regulators.
- Motor carriers can more quickly obtain information from regulatory and enforcement agencies.
- It is estimated that commercial motor carriers save $1.25 for every minute that they are not idling in weigh station queues.
- Automated reporting and record keeping technology reduces costly paperwork for government and motor carriers.