State highway traffic and weather information is available by dialing 511 from most phones. Dialing 511 from your land line is free. Cell phone use counts against minutes, so it is "free" unless you exceed your allocation.
Use the phone keypad or the hands-free voice recognition option to receive:
- Statewide traffic and road incidents, including construction and maintenance activities.
- I-90 and I-5 express lane status.
- Mountain pass weather, road conditions and restrictions.
- Washington State Ferry information, including schedules, fares, wait times and Wave to Go fare pass information.
- Statewide emergency messages and alerts including AMBER Alerts.
- Access to the 511 systems in Oregon, Idaho and Montana.
Information available only through the voice recognition option:
- Statewide city-based weather forecast information.
- Telephone numbers for other transportation options including transit, rail and airlines.
Those calling from outside Washington or having trouble reaching Washington's 511 system can access the information by dialing 1-800-695-ROAD (7623).
Cell phone users close to the Washington border may have their call routed to other 511 systems. In particular, cell phone users near Vancouver, Washington and Portland (including the Columbia River Gorge) will most likely be routed to the Oregon 511 system. If this happens, try dialing 1-800-695-ROAD (7623).
Comments or Suggestions?
We know the system isn’t perfect and want to hear from you. Let us know what you think. Email: email@example.com