511 Travel information
Dial 511 to hear travel information in Washington by phone.
To hear travel information in Washington by phone simply dial 511. If you have trouble accessing 511, you may still access travel conditions using your phone by dialing toll free 800.695.7623 (Road).
Use the phone keypad or the hands-free voice recognition option to receive
- Statewide traffic and road incidents, including construction and maintenance activities.
- I-90 and I-5 express lane status.
- Mountain pass weather, road conditions and restrictions.
- Washington State Ferry information, including schedules, fares, wait times and Wave to Go fare pass information.
- Statewide emergency messages and alerts including AMBER, Silver and Blue Alerts.
- Access to the 511 systems in Oregon, Idaho and Montana.
Information available only through the voice recognition option
- Statewide city-based weather forecast information.
- Telephone numbers for other transportation options including transit, rail and airlines.
Calling from outside of Washington?
Those calling from outside Washington or having trouble reaching Washington's 511 system can access the information by dialing 1-800-695-7623 (ROAD).
Cell phone users close to the Washington border may have their call routed to other 511 systems. In particular, cell phone users near Vancouver, Washington and Portland (including the Columbia River Gorge) will most likely be routed to the Oregon 511 system. If this happens, try dialing 1-800-695-7623 (ROAD).
Nationwide research has shown that there are many things that can distract a driver, such as food, music, children, passengers, cell phones, etc. So be careful and don’t let yourself get distracted. If possible, have a passenger make the call. If you must call while driving, follow Washington law and use a hands-free device.