Civil Penalty Guide

Pay Toll Bill OnlineGood To Go! customer sign in 1-866-936-8246


How to avoid civil penalties

Don't wait to receive a late fee, pay your bill at, by mail, or over the phone.

Save money and avoid future bills in the mail with a Good To Go! account.

You must pay your toll bill within 80 days or else you receive a $40 notice of civil penalty (NOCP) for each unpaid toll transaction, plus all accumulated tolls and fees.

Get first-time forgiveness of penalties

Customers can contact Good To Go! to request a one-time waiver of all unpaid late fees and penalties if you pay all of the original tolls at the time of the request.

We will work with you to resolve any billing issues so you can avoid penalties in the future.

Call 1-866-936-8246 or visit our customer service center to request that your civil penalty be waived.

Can I dispute the penalty instead if it wasn't my fault?
Yes, you can dispute a penalty through your account, online at, over the phone or in person as well. View our disputes page for a list of reasons to dispute your bill.

How many penalties can be waived?
There is no maximum number of penalties or fees that can be waived for a first-time toll violator. When you have 11 or more civil penalties, your request goes through an additional approval process which can take three to four weeks. But as long as you meet the eligibility requirements, your fees and penalties will be waived.

Who is eligible for forgiveness?
First time toll violators with unpaid civil penalties and fees not associated with a prior administrative court judgment.

If you have paid civil penalties in the past but have not requested forgiveness, you may still ask for a one-time fee waiver in the future.

Who is not eligible?

  • Customers who have received penalty forgiveness multiple times in the past.
  • Customers who have already paid a civil penalty and did not request an administrative court dispute hearing.
  • Customers whose debt is in collections.
  • Customers who have declared bankruptcy.

Find out what else you can do if you are not eligible to have your fees and penalties forgiven.

Can I request forgiveness multiple times?
The first time you ask for forgiveness, we waive all of your unpaid penalties and fees as long as you pay all of the original tolls at the time of the request.

If you request forgiveness a second time, you will be required to create a Good To Go! account and also to pay all original tolls and any reprocessing fees at the time of the request.

To be fair to people who pay their tolls on time, customers who miss payments after that must submit a formal dispute.

How do I pay a civil penalty?
You can pay a civil penalty using a credit card, debit card, check or electronic check using the following options:

  • Online at (must have the notice number to pay online)
  • By phone: 1-866-936-8246
  • By mail: Good To Go!, P.O. Box 34562, Seattle, WA 98124-1562 (checks only)
  • In person: at our walk-in customer service center when it reopens.

What happens if you ignore a civil penalty?

If you have a civil penalty that has not been paid or disputed after 20 days, the Department of Licensing may place a hold on their vehicle registration and the unpaid tolls, fees and penalties may be sent to collections.

Learn more about vehicle registration holds.

Questions about your civil penalty? Call customer service at 1-866-936-8246.