The state, King County and Seattle departments of transportation established two working groups in April 2009 to help inform the design and environmental review process for the SR 99 Tunnel Project. One group consisted of stakeholders near the tunnel’s future south portal, while the other was drawn from stakeholders near the future north portal. In 2012, we shifted the focus of the meetings to construction activities, particularly those related to the tunnel portals. In 2013, the two groups combined to form one program-wide stakeholder group.
Stakeholder group objectives:
- Review information about upcoming construction activities, schedules and potential impacts.
- Discuss coordination between projects and how agencies are working together to minimize impacts.
- Provide agencies with feedback on work that has been implemented.
- Share perspectives on upcoming construction activities and proposed mitigation techniques.
- Help distribute construction information to the broader community.
Stakeholder group members represent neighborhood, business and freight interests and other interest groups. The Port of Seattle also participates in working group meetings.
Stakeholder Group Roster - 2018 (pdf 47 kb)
Meetings are open to the public, and meeting times and locations are listed under program events.
In 2013, the north and south portal working groups were combined to create one stakeholder group.
Combined AWV Stakeholder Group
June 21, 2018
- Agenda (pdf 783 kb)
- Presentation (pdf 9.55 MB) updates on Colman Dock, tunnel construction, SR 99 clsoure, viaduct demolition, SR 99 tolling and rate setting and waterfront construction.
Dec. 12, 2017
- Agenda (pdf 51 kb)
- Presentation (pdf 15.46 MB) updates on waterfront construction sequencing, viaduct demolition, recent tunnel construction activities, south end transit pathways and Colman Dock.
- Meeting summary (pdf 9.67 MB)
Mar. 16, 2017
- Agenda (pdf 229 kb)
- Presentation (pdf 12.94 MB) updates on viaduct replacement tunneling updates and construction activities at the tunnel portals, upcoming schedule, Waterfront Seattle and Seattle Streetcar.
- Meeting summary (pdf 511 kb)
Nov. 9, 2016
- Agenda (pdf 51 kb)
- Presentation (pdf 6.43 MB) updates on viaduct replacement tunneling updates and construction activities at the tunnel portals, upcoming schedule, Waterfront Seattle, Elliott Bay Seawall Project and Colman Dock.
- Meeting summary (pdf 325 kb)
Jan. 12, 2016
- Agenda (pdf 57 kb)
- Presentation (pdf 6.59 MB) updates on viaduct replacement construction activities at the tunnel portals and tunneling machine repairs, upcoming closures, Elliott Bay Seawall Project and Waterfront Seattle.
- Meeting summary (pdf 91 kb)
For materials prior to 2016, email email@example.com.