Aircraft registration fees go directly to support WSDOT Aviation’s airport preservation, maintenance and improvement programs, education outreach, and air search and rescue operations. Registrations are on a calendar year basis (January 1 to December 31). Aircraft registration is required by Washington State law (R.C.W. 47.68.250).
First Time Registering or New Washington Resident
- New registrants and new Washington residents must first pay any use taxes due on the aircraft to the Washington State Department of Revenue. They will issue you a Declaration of Use Tax when your tax obligation has been satisfied. Washington State Department of Revenue Use Tax information
- Contact our office (within Washington State toll free (800) 552-0666) to find out the current registration fee due. The fee is different for different categories of aircraft such as single engine, multi, jet, helicopter etc. Also the fee is on a calendar year basis and is prorated for the remaining months of the current year.
- If you want to register online, contact 360-651-6300 or email email@example.com to set up your account.
- If you prefer to register by mail, please send COPIES (DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS) of your Declaration of Use Tax, Download the Aircraft Registration Form (pdf 41 kb), and bill of sale if available.
Purchased aircraft from a Washington State Owner
Please contact WSDOT Aviation prior to sending in your payment.
Renewing an Aircraft Registration
How to Renew Online
- Please use the User Id/Email and password. Your email address that you received in the renewal notice.
- Go to the secure online registration web page.
- Follow the procedures. (You can personalize your account at this point.)
- Submit your form with your credit card information.
How to Renew By Mail
- Send your renewal notice and a check made payable to WSDOT to: 18204 59th Dr NE, Suite B, Arlington, WA 98223
How to Renew In Person (Cash or Checks Only)
- Go to the WSDOT Aviation office located at: 18204 59th Drive NE, Suite B, Arlington, WA 98223
- If you fly in, we are at the Arlington Airport Office.
Place your registration card in your aircraft. Renewal notices are mailed in December. Responsibility of renewal lies with the owner even if a notice is not received.
Pilot and Mechanic Registration No Longer Required in Washington State