In 2013, the Legislature directed WSDOT to study the feasibility of a single account-based system for toll road and ferry users. Specifically the study evaluated:
- ferry fare payment with a Good To Go! pass and a single customer account for ferries and tolls
- combined customer services for ferries and tolls
- integrated ferry reservation system and tolls back office system
- integrated Good To Go! as a payment method for parking at Sea-Tac International Airport
WSDOT's toll and ferries divisions worked together to complete this study. After considering current and future toll and ferry operations the following recommendations were made:
- ferry fare payment with a Good To Go! pass is feasible and should be implemented
- WSDOT should begin developing policies for integrating a single customer account system for ferry and toll customers
- the toll and ferries divisions should begin work to replace their back office systems with a single, unified system.
Additional analysis and planning is needed to fully define and integration strategy and detailed schedule.
View the report
Final Report (pdf 896 kb)