There are many signs directing traffic to and through the Tacoma Narrows Bridge toll plaza. Those without Good To Go! accounts should follow the signs and move to the right hand lanes past Olympic Drive so they can easily use Exit 8 to reach the toll booths.
How to navigate the toll plaza on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge
Tolls are collected from all vehicles traveling eastbound from Gig Harbor towards Tacoma. Drivers have several options for paying their tolls:
1. Stop at the manual toll booths, and pay with cash or credit card.
- If paying the toll with cash or credit card, drivers must exit SR 16 at Exit 8 to enter the toll plaza.
- Drivers paying tolls with credit cards must ensure they have sufficient funds in their accounts and that their financial institution will honor transactions without signatures.
- Tolls paid by credit card are subject to the credit card processing company or financial institution approval, if payment is rejected, the toll transaction is subject to a toll bill.
- Credit card payments are not processed in real time and will not post to the credit card account for one to two days.
- Cards listed as “DEBIT” cards, cannot be processed as a credit card transaction (including gift cards with the credit card logo), and are not accepted in the manual toll lanes.
2. Establish a pre-paid Good To Go! account and use the Good To Go! electronic toll lanes.
3. Pay By Mail by driving through the Good To Go! electronic toll lanes.
- A photo will be taken of the license plate and a Pay By Mail toll bill will be sent to the registered vehicle owner.
- Pay By Mail is the most expensive way to pay the toll.
What to do if you miss the toll booths
If you miss the toll booth, you can call Good To Go! customer service at 1-866-936-8246 within 72 hours and open a Short Term Account by registering your license plate and tolls will be charged directly to your credit or debit card.
If you choose not to open a Short Term Account, the registered owner of the vehicle will receive a toll bill in the mail within 14 days of initially crossing the bridge.