Reporting progress and seeking responsible, sustainable results
The reports below provide updates on WSDOT's sustainable transportation legislative tasks, executive orders and agency efforts toward a more sustainable transportation system.
As directed by the Governor's Executive Order 09-05
(pdf 85 kb) and the Legislature (Revised Code of Washington 47.01.440 (4)).
The reports include:
- Statewide vehicle miles traveled (VMT)
- Tools used to count and track VMT
- Potential ways to reduce these VMT numbers
- Effects of VMT reduction strategies on communities, small businesses and low-income and rural populations
- Overall greenhouse gas emission-reduction targets.