Southwest Region conducts planning studies in partnership with a variety of local jurisdictions and stakeholders, including the general public. It also defines and prioritizes future transportation improvement projects in the region.
Transportation Planning is a ongoing collaborative process to develop a multimodal transportation system that:
- Supports economic vitality.
- Increases safety and security.
- Increases accessibility and mobility options.
- Protects the environment and improves quality of life.
- Enhances system integration and connectivity.
- Promotes efficient system management and operation.
- Emphasizes system preservation.