Know before you go
From 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 25 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 27, SR 99 will be closed in both directions from the south end of the Battery Street Tunnel to Valley Street.
- Broad Street bridge demolition: Our time-lapse video captured work during a 48-hour period in which crews demolished the old roadway and added fill material to the now-closed section of Broad Street to bring it level with the rest of the highway.
- Utility work at Harrison Street:
- Allow plenty of extra travel time.
- Leave early or delay your trip to avoid traveling during peak commute periods in the morning and afternoon.
- Delay or reschedule discretionary trips.
- Consider telecommuting.
- Take King County Metro and plan for reroutes on buses that use SR 99, share a ride in a car or vanpool or walk or ride a bicycle.
- If you must drive, know before you go and use or visit SDOT’s travelers information page.