Welcome to your headquarters for viaduct-related traffic information. Major traffic changes are highlighted on this page. To your right are links to a full list of closures, traffic cameras, and other resources to help you find your way. You can also sign up to receive weekly emails about upcoming detours and closures.
October is here, which means the semiannual inspection closure of the Alaskan Way Viaduct is just around the corner.Both directions of SR 99 will be closed between South Spokane Street and the north end of the Battery Street Tunnel from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on both Saturday, Oct. 31 and Sunday, Nov. 1. Please plan ahead and be prepared for additional congestion as a result of this closure.Closing the viaduct will allow crews to perform maintenance and thoroughly inspect the structure, as they do each spring and fall. Read our viaduct safety fact sheet (pdf 2.9 Mb) to learn more about what we do to keep the viaduct safe and open to drivers until the tunnel project is complete.Survey crews walk the viaduct during a previous inspection.— more —
Long-term changes to Harrison Street at SR 99, until further notice
- Crews have closed the access to northbound SR 99 from westbound Harrison Street around the clock. Drivers should use John or Thomas streets.
Tuesday, Sept. 8 until further notice
- Crews have closed Roy Street between Fourth Avenue North and Fifth Avenue North around the clock.
Monday, Oct. 12 through mid-November
- Private developer crews will close the right, northbound lane on SR 99 between Comstock and Lee streets from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. The adjacent sidewalk will be closed around the clock.
- One additional northbound lane will be closed from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. daily.
Friday, Oct. 9 to Monday, Oct. 12
— more —
- Crews will close westbound I-90 between Bellevue and Seattle from 11 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday. Traffic will be diverted into the center roadway during this time.