SR 99 closures for South Spokane Street Overcrossing work Aug. 16 - 17
Crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will close a section of SR 99 Aug. 16-17 for work related to the South Spokane Street Overcrossing Project. Crews will close all lanes in both directions to shift traffic from the west half to the east half of the bridge, allowing crews to finish demolishing and rebuilding the bridge one half at a time.
10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16 to 8 a.m. Saturday, Aug 17:
Northbound SR 99:
- All lanes of northbound SR 99 between South Nevada Street and South Royal Brougham Way will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday.
- The East Marginal Way South off-ramp remains open.
- The West Seattle Bridge exit to northbound SR 99 will be closed.
Southbound SR 99:
- All lanes of southbound SR 99 between South Atlantic Street and South Nevada Street will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday through 8 a.m. Saturday.
- Drivers heading to the West Seattle Bridge will be detoured to East Marginal Way South via the South Atlantic Street exit.
8 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 17 - noon Saturday, Aug. 17:
- All lanes of southbound SR 99 will be closed from just south of the West Seattle Bridge exit to South Nevada Street.