|Contractor quick facts |
Contract amount: $306 million
Engineer’s estimate: $422 million
Construction began: April 2011
Construction complete: Summer 2014
Eastside Corridor Constructors
3075 112th Ave. NE, Suite 201
Bellevue, WA 98004
WSDOT awarded the Eastside Transit and HOV Project to Eastside Corridor Constructors (ECC).
ECC will complete the following work:
- Widening the corridor and constructing new transit and carpool lanes, shoulders and other facilities along 2.5 miles of SR 520 from west of Evergreen Point Road to east of 108th Avenue NE in Bellevue.
- Constructing newly aligned general-purpose ramps and direct-access ramps for buses and carpools at 108th Avenue NE.
- Adding a regional path for bicycles and pedestrians.
- Constructing three landscaped lids over SR 520, two with access to new transit stops that also will be built as part of the project.
- Constructing fish-passable culverts, stormwater-detention and treatment facilities, noise walls, and stream and wetlands improvements.
ECC had the best combination of bid price and technical score. By combining design and construction in one contract at a fixed price, the contractor team has more opportunities for innovation while also controlling costs for taxpayers.
ECC is comprised of all local, Puget Sound-based contractors, designers and workers, including Granite Construction Company, PCL Construction Services, HW Lochner, David Evans & Associates, Perteet and others.
ECC is responsible for assembling the workforce and hiring vendors and sub-contractors. Visit the SR 520 Contracting and Job Information Web page for additional information about SR 520 program job and contracting opportunities.
Funding for the project was allocated by the Washington State Legislature using a combination of state and federal funding and future SR 520 toll revenue. Visit the SR 520 Program Costs, Funding and Tolling page for more information.