Updated: Thursday, June 13
Please visit this page throughout the week, as we continually update it with the latest construction schedule information.
Current construction info:
Check out our June construction activities map! (pdf 643 kb)
Check out our Spring newsletter! (pdf 1,105 kb)
- Monday, June 10 to Friday, June 14 - Crews will flag traffic at 84th Avenue Northeast and 92nd Avenue Northeast where they cross SR 520 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for truck crossing.
- Monday, June 10 to the morning of Friday, June 14 - Crews will close one lane of westbound SR 520 between 108th Avenue Northeast and 92nd Avenue Northeast from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. to build a retaining wall.
- Wednesday, June 12 to the morning of Friday, June 14 - Crews will flag traffic at the intersection of Northup Way and 108th Avenue Northeast from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for construction work.
- Monday, June 17 to Friday, June 21 - Crews will flag traffic at 84th Avenue Northeast and 92nd Avenue Northeast where they cross SR 520 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for truck crossing.
- Monday, June 17 to the morning of Friday, June 21 - Crews will close one lane of westbound SR 520 between Bellevue Way and 92nd Avenue Northeast from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. to build a retaining wall.
- Monday, June 17 to the morning of Friday, June 21 - Crews will close one lane of 112th Avenue Northeast from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. to install utilities.
- Wednesday, June 19 to the morning of Thursday, June 20 - Crews will flag traffic at the intersection of Northup Way and 108th Avenue Northeast from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for construction work.
- Wednesday, June 19 to the morning of Thursday, June 20 - Crews will close the westbound off-ramp to 108th Avenue Northeast from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for construction work.
- Friday, June 21 to the morning of Monday, June 24 - Crews will flag traffic at 84th Avenue Northeast between Northeast 28th Street and Hunts Point Circle from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday to shift 84th Avenue Northeast lanes to a new alignment.
- Friday, June 21 to the morning of Monday, June 24 - Crews will close the eastbound SR 520 off-ramp to 84th Avenue Northeast from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday to shift 84th Avenue Northeast lanes to a new alignment.
Next weekend-long closure:
- Friday, July 12 to the morning of Monday, July 15 - Crews will close SR 520 in both directions between Montlake Boulevard in Seattle and I-405 from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
Visit the King County Construction Update page for construction information around the region.
During the week of June 17-21 there is nighttime work scheduled at several locations throughout the project area:
- Evergreen Point Road: No night work is scheduled.
- Fairweather Basin: No night work is scheduled.
- 84th Avenue Northeast: Crews install utilities on the south side of the lid and shift the road alignment across the lid.
- 92nd Avenue Northeast: No night work is scheduled.
- Bellevue Way: Crews excavate the old eastbound loop ramp to Bellevue Way.
- Northeast Points Drive: No night work is scheduled.
- 108th Avenue Northeast: Crews pave, stripe and set barrier to shift the westbound SR 520 off-ramp to 108th Avenue Northeast. Crews locate utilities by drilling through, then patching, asphalt at the intersection of 108th Avenue Northeast and Northup Way.
Temporary 84th Avenue Northeast road alignment opens Monday, June 24
Beginning Monday, June 17 crews will work day-and-night shifts for one week to complete the new alignment on 84th Avenue Northeast where the road crosses SR 520. The new road alignment on 84th Avenue Northeast over the lid allows crews to complete the roundabout configuration and improves sight distance at the intersection of 84th Avenue Northeast and Northeast 28th Street.
The 84th Avenue Northeast westbound on-ramp to SR 520 will open later this summer, details to follow as construction nears.
Read our construction notice (pdf 1.42 mb) for more information.
Nighttime work on the SR 520 mainline
Beginning Monday night, April 22, 2013, once traffic has been shifted to the new eastbound lanes, crews will accelerate work to complete the new westbound highway lanes and keep the project moving forward on schedule. Through the following five weeks, SR 520 corridor neighbors can expect around-the-clock work, Monday through Sunday, throughout the mainline corridor. This work is expected to end in late May.
Read our construction notice (pdf 384 kb) for more information.
Transit Update: 92nd Avenue Northeast eastbound freeway transit stop
There’s good news for Eastside transit riders: on Monday, April 22, 2013, crews reopened the 92nd Avenue Northeast eastbound freeway transit stop that had been closed for highway construction since summer 2012. We appreciate transit riders’ patience while the stop was closed. It will remain open until the new median transit stop is operational at the end of construction. This was scheduled to occur in March but was postponed when rain prevented weekend closures.
Read our flyer (pdf 568 kb) for more information.
Traffic Revision: 108th Avenue Northeast on-ramp to westbound SR 520
Beginning May 30, 2012, drivers will see a change at the 108th Avenue Northeast entrance to westbound SR 520. Here are the details:
Northbound 108th Avenue Northeast to westbound SR 520:
- This access will be closed permanently.
- Drivers will instead access westbound SR 520 at Bellevue Way, via Northup Way.
Southbound 108th Avenue Northeast to westbound SR 520:
We are making this change for construction of the new on-ramp and a fish-friendly culvert underneath 108th Avenue Northeast. When complete in late 2013, the new 108th Avenue Northeast interchange will include direct-access ramps for buses and carpools traveling in both directions on 108th Avenue Northeast.
Changes to SR 520 west of 92nd Avenue Northeast
Effective April 30, 2012, we are closing the westbound bus-only lane between 92nd Avenue Northeast and Evergreen Point Road flyer stops. This change will be in effect until the new median transit stops and HOV lanes are opened, targeted for December 2013.
Closing the bus-only lane in this location allows vehicles entering SR 520 at 84th Avenue Northeast to accelerate and merge more effectively. Tolling on the SR 520 floating bridge has resulted in reduced volumes in the general purpose lanes, and traffic analysis shows that moving buses into the general purpose lanes will not adversely affect bus or general purpose travel times during project construction.
We're making this change because we widened a median work zone near 84th Avenue Northeast to construct a pier wall for new overpass at that location—a change that leaves less space for mainline vehicles and vehicles entering SR 520 from the 84th Avenue Northeast on-ramp.
Westbound buses, carpools, vanpools and motorcycles are required to merge into the general purpose lanes east of the new median work zone to make room for drivers entering the highway at the 84th Avenue Northeast on-ramp.
Changes to Bellevue Way Northeast
Drivers that use Bellevue Way Northeast near SR 520 should anticipate a few changes to the interchange. Check our Bellevue Way Northeast fact sheet (pdf 630 kb) for more details.
Points Loop Trail detour
The Points Loop Trail is closed between Evergreen Point Road and 92nd Avenue Northeast for up to two years while crews construct project improvements. Bicyclists and pedestrians will be detoured to Northeast 28th Street and Northeast Points Drive.