Business Development & Compliance Consultant
The Minority and Women’s Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Program is a Washington State program, designed to create the maximum practicable opportunities for minority and women owned firms attempting to business with WSDOT. The primary objective if this Program is to increase M/WBE Participation on WSDOT’s contracting and procurement activities. This is done through a variety of methods, some of the strategies employed by WSDOT are:
- Set voluntary M/WBE Goals on state-funded projects and procurements;
- Review M/WBE Participation Plans from prime contractors;
- Provide assistance and outreach to Minority and Women Owned Businesses;
- Assist in developing contract language to foster a level playing field for all firms;
- Implement the WSDOT M/WBE Participation Plan; and
- Monitor M/WBE Participation throughout the agency and develop new methods for ensuring adequate opportunities are provided for M/WBE Participation.
WSDOT works collaboratively with the Washington State Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (OMWBE) to implement the M/WBE Program. Following is some useful information for firms:
To be recognized as an M/WBE firm and eligible to count towards the voluntary goals of WSDOT; please contact OMWBE at www.omwbe.wa.gov or toll free (866) 208-1064.