- Canadian Weight / SR 9 Permit - This permit allows drivers to haul reducible loads with Canadian Weights from the Canadian border to Sumas, Washington. Carriers applying for this permit must be licensed to their legal maximum in Washington State. Canadian Weights/ SR 9 permits are issued by MCS only.
- Collection Truck - This permit allows collection ( garbage) trucks to carry an additional 6,000 lbs on the rear tandem of a 2 axle collection truck and 8,000 lbs on the rear tandem of a 3 axle collection truck. This permit is not allowed on Interstate Highways.
- Confiscate Permit - This option allows a user to confiscate a permit per a WSP Officer because of a violation of the permit.
- Credit Card Screen - Details on how to use the credit card screen.
- Duplicate Permit - This option allows the user to print out a duplicate of an existing permit.
- Farm Implement (Dealer) - This permit allows a farm dealer to haul a load that is 16' wide but less than 20' wide. The dealer must have an approval farm letter from Motor Carrier Services.
- Farm Implement (Farmer) - This permit allows a farmer to haul a load that is 16' wide but less than 20' wide from his/her farm to another farm. The farmer must have an approval letter from Motor Carrier Services.
- Find Permit Screen - The find permit screen allows the user to search for a permit either by company name or permit number.
- Fuel Permit - This permit provides a temporary fuel use for a vehicle for three consecutive days if a customer is not a IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement) member. There is no limit in purchasing a fuel permit.
- House Move - Vehicle/load not exceeding 80,000 pounds and 16 feet wide may be moved on two-lane highways with permit. Buildings not exceeding 20 feet wide may be moved on multiple-lane highways with a median barrier or median strip with permit. Exceptions to these general provisions may be proposed to the Regional Administrator or his designee. House move permits are issued by the DOT regional office the move is in.
- Multiple Permit - This option is available to a user if the user is issuing multiple permits without changing some information.
- Oversize - An oversize permit allows a load that exceeds the legal dimensions to be hauled. Legal dimensions for Washington State are : 8'6" wide; 14' high; 53' (trailer); 75' (truck/w load & trailer); and 40' single vehicle.
- Overweight - An overweight permit is issued to a non divisible load that has exceeded their legal/licensed weight for Washington State.
- Regional Oversize Permit - Is a one-stop-shop concept for oversize permits. Currently, twelve states: Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington are in the compact. The basic premise is to issue a single permit that covers any of the member states affected by a particular move. Regional permits are issued by Motor Carrier Services (MCS) or Washington Trucking Association (WTA).
The vehicles operating on a Regional Oversize Permit must comply with the following non-reducible maximum dimensions:
Length: 110 feet overall; Width: 14 feet; Height: 14 feet
- Regional Overweight Permit - Is a one-stop-shop concept for oversize permits. Currently, twelve states: Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington are in the compact. The basic premise is to issue a single permit that covers any of the member states affected by a particular move. Regional permits are issued by Motor Carrier Services (MCS) or Washington Trucking Association (WTA).
The vehicles operating on a Regional Oversize/Overweight Permit must comply with the following non-reducible maximum weights and dimensions:
- 600 pounds per inch of tire width; 21,500 pounds per single axle
- 43,000 pounds per tandem axle;
- 53,000 pounds per tridem (wheel base more than 8 feet but less than 13 feet)
- 160,000 pounds gross weight
In no case may the gross weight exceed the sum of the permitted axle, tandem axle, group axle weights, or the weight specified by the permit, whichever is less.
A minimum of five axles is required for the issuance of a Regional Overweight Permit. Maximum legal weight for a Regional permit is 80,000 lbs regardless of registered weight in each state.
- Shopping Cart - The shopping cart allows users to issue multiple permits and then charge them all at once.
- Temporary Additional Tonnage - This permit is used to increase tonnage up to legal capacity legal weight for a vehicle or vehicle combination. To purchase temporary additional tonnage a single vehicle must be licensed for 40,000 lbs or a vehicle combination must be licensed for 80,000 lbs. If a vehicle or vehicle combination is not registered or licensed for WA a trip permit may be purchased. Once a trip permit is purchased; a temporary additional tonnage permit can be purchased to increase legal tonnage.
- Tow Truck - The special permit issued specifically to tow trucks is an annual permit from date of purchase. The permit is valid for emergent and non-emergent moves. Annual Tow Truck permits may be issued to Class B and Class C tow trucks, including Class E tow trucks with either a Class B or C rating. (Class A or D tow trucks are not eligible for Annual Tow Truck permits.)
- Trip Permit - This permit provides temporary licensing for a vehicle for three consecutive days. The licensed gross weight may not exceed 40,000 lbs for a single unit vehicle with three or more axles 80,000 lbs for a combination of vehicles. A vehicle cannot be issued more than 3 trip permits in a 30 day period. Trip permits cannot be used in lieu of tonnage for a vehicle currently licensed in Washington.
- Transfer Permit - This option allows a user to transfer a permit to a different vehicle.
- Void Screen - This screen allows a user to void a permit.
- A permit must be voided by someone other than the individual that issued the permit.
- A clear and informative description of void reason will be required.
- When a voided permit is replaced by another permit, the replacement permit number will be shown in the void reason.
Continue to E-SNOOPI Login Screen